Friday, August 19, 2011

The One Where I Piggy Back off Someone Else's Blog

OK. I've told you guys that one of my favorite blogs is this one.

Well, in her most recent post, she was telling us all how her daughter called her "Honey." And I thought that was cute. And then I remembered. My girls use the word Honey, too. But in a slightly different way.

You know how your kids echo back the things you say? And most of the time you cringe? Yeah. Me either.

Anyway. I have always called my kids "Honey" or "Sweetheart." My mom calls them "Sweetie."

So when my girls play babies, they always call their babies "Honey" or "Sweetie." Which I picked up on the first couple of times they did it, so I'm used to it. I think it's so sweet that they will be playing, and they will say, "Ok. I'll be the Mommy, you be the Honey."

Now, you remember we were visiting my parents last week. I was with my mom running errands, and my dad was taking care of them. We got home, had dinner, and he gave me the run down of their afternoon. He looked a little sheepish when he said, "We were playing babies. I was the Daddy, and the girls were my Honies." And I had to laugh. And then inform him that "Honies" were in fact, babies. And he was in no danger of having to share a jail cell with Warren Jeffs.
He tried to hide it,
but he was relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment