Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stuff I've Pulled Off My Camera

Because even though I haven't written anything in over 48 hours, I still have nothing interesting to write. Or at least that I can remember. I really am going to have to start carrying a little notebook around with me. So I can lick my pencil tip and write little tidbits to help me recall what amazing thing just happened so I can write about it later.

ANYWAY,

Here is what has happened in the last 3 days, in picture form:


The girls regaled me with their clothing choices once again. I think they were dressing to go outside. It was 90 degrees. Both are wearing leotards. My Littlest Girl thought pastel flower leggings and a red white and blue skirt would go nicely with her green water shoes. My Indian Princess was channeling my Grandfather circa 1967 with her socks and sandals. At least her socks weren't black. Or argyle. She even has the stoic look down. I think the itinerary for the day was stuck in her waistband. She is a stickler for details.

Getting into the holiday spirit. Because nothing says "Thank You for My Independence" like striped fingernails.

I finally got it together and we had a little 4th of July party at our house this year. One of the great things about our house is it's location. We can see the city fireworks display from our yard. Our girls weren't scared this year for the first time in a long time, which was such a blessing. In fact, they missed most of the show because they were in these:


I'm trying to come up with a good name for them. Tent Condos? Tentplex?

After a lot of sugar and very little sleep, I thought it would be a good idea to go to the park the next day. There was one tantrum before we left, because someone didn't want to get in the Ladybug Tent to get her shoes. Other than that, it was a great time. As you can tell from my Indian Princess' smile.


This morning, I had the pleasure of watching My Littlest Girl dance and sing to "Baby, Baby." I even videoed it, but she was pantsless. Some things you'll just have to imagine for yourself. But I'll tell you this. She's got some moves.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. But only you can pull off striped fingernails. I try pale pink and feel outrageous. :-o

    ReplyDelete