Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm Going to Have to Separate You Two!

I have always had cold feet.  When I was young, it didn't bother me.  It doesn't really bother me now.  Except when I am trying to go to sleep.  Then I can literally stay awake for hours until every part of me is warm.  

I know.  
It's hard to be me.

I  rebelled against wearing socks to bed for years.  Why?  When I was a kid, my dad said at night our feet need to breathe.  Because you know, feet suffocate all day in those cotton socks we wear.

But now, along with the extra blankets, the oil heater, and my warm pajamas, I've surrendered my feet to socks.  And though they are separated, they surprisingly offer little resistance when I want to go to sleep.  


Maybe they just needed their own space.  

No comments:

Post a Comment