Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Timing is Everything

There's something different about mornings. They are quiet and magical and productive. Even if it's dark, they are different than night time. I feel alert and peaceful when I get up and shuffle around in the quiet of the house.

I used to be a morning person. Well, I probably still am. If I go to bed on time I have no problem getting up with a clear head and a ready spirit to take on the day. I rarely go to bed at a decent time anymore. It's my own fault. But I didn't start the habit until I lived in the Eastern Time Zone. The news didn't come on until 11:00pm, and work didn't start until 9:00am. When we moved to Mountain Time, I tried to adjust to a 10:00 bedtime, but it didn't happen. Then the children came. Dun...dun...dunnnn...

My children are amazing, fantastic creatures. They both started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks. They both still go to bed around 8:00pm, and aren't allowed out of their bedroom until 7:00am.

But once my children go to bed, I have some downtime. And I use it wisely, watching TV shows or playing Chuzzle. Something valuable and worthwhile. And all of a sudden, it's 11:00. And I feel like I have lost the challenge, again, for doing something that will benefit myself and my family. Because really, who loves to be around me when I don't get enough sleep?

So, as the days get shorter, I will be focusing on going to bed earlier. Turning the computer off at 9:00, spending time with my husband, finishing my Bible study. I know the benefits of this will far outweigh the ones I get from hitting high score on Chuzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment