Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Hills Pt. 1


Just remembered that title is a TV show that I love like hot poker to my eyes. But I'm too lazy to change it.
We went camping this weekend for the first time as a family. It's something we've said we were going to do for the last couple of summers, but we never got around to it. Thanks to some friends, we stayed in style in a 27 foot camper. Not roughing it, by any means. But for my 4 and 5 year olds, it was a good starter trip. Here are some pics:

The girls getting into the truck to leave for the campground.
They were very excited.

One of the beautiful views we had.

My Indian Princess on the Bouncy Pillow.

My Littlest Girl. On top of the world.
Or at least on top of the biggest sand pile I had seen at a playground.

Daddy and Daughter.
On a 1947 firetruck they gave tours on.

Another pretty view.

Early morning cup o' joe.
I mean, lemonade.

Sunset.

The girls had fun playing with these.
They have no idea what chess is.

As you may have noticed, this is not your Daddy's KOA. I was impressed with the amount of things there were to do. Pools and horses and ATVs were available, too. A far cry from a tent, a stream, and a fishing pole. There will be a time for that. But for now, the memories we made last weekend will be enough. And so is the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment