Monday, August 20, 2012

Countdown to the first day of school: T-2 days

With only two days remaining until school starts for our Indian Princess, we're partying hard core.
Today we went to the Central States Fair.  We had never been before.  The girls had a great time.

We could have spent the whole visit at the mirrors.  
Dang I love when I get to experience something with them for the first time.  
They were giddy. 

Their never ending request for a pet was NOT silenced by the bunny and poultry barn.   
In fact, they are now plotting how to buy a farm so we can have some animals.

Daddy had some wise words today,
"Everyone likes to be scratched behind the ears."
I think the donkey agreed. 

Rides cost a small mortgage payment. 
We gave the girls $5 each and told them they could chose a ride or a snack.
They chose rides.  
And they actually got to ride twice for $5.
The giraffe was just My Littlest Girl's speed. 

 My Indian Princess was ready for something a little more adventurous.

 On our way out, we headed back to the science corner.  
They played with some fun games,
and I was very happy to see them just as entertained there as the carnival part.

My Indian Princess, passed out on the way home.
After bubblegum ice cream at Armadillo's.
That 30 minute ride home has been the catalyst for so many naps.
(Why they don't sleep on 10 hour trips is an enigma wrapped in a mystery.)

All in all, a very successful day.  I'm going to start saving my money now so I can buy them wristbands next year.  Maybe then I won't have to take out a loan for them to ride all the rides.

In the meantime, we're counting down to 1st grade...


No comments:

Post a Comment