Monday, December 19, 2011

Not Me Monday 12/19/11





Mckmama- Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

As for me, well.

I did NOT, for the second time in a row, fail to bring an extra camera battery for my kiddos' Christmas program.  So I did NOT miss both of my girls reciting scripture for the camera.  And I will CERTAINLY NOT beg the person who videotaped the whole thing for a copy.  Because I am a GREAT mom who thinks of everything before we leave.

I did NOT allow my Indian Princess to wear a tiara to the program.  That would be pretentious and I would NEVER allow her to draw attention to herself based on something that gaudy and shiny.  

I also did NOT stand at the back of the sanctuary, and quietly tried to direct my Littlest Girl to pay attention to her teacher.  And to not worry when she didn't get her letter when she thought she was supposed to.  And I did NOT almost run up there when she cut a little boy off to get to her place on the stage.  I would never be that kind of mom.

After the program, which was at 10:00 am, I did NOT let my girls take anything they wanted off the food tables.  My girls did NOT eat five kinds of cookies before lunch.  And I did NOT let them drink egg nog and cider until they were buzzing around the school room like hummingbirds.

And lastly, I did NOT give the preschool teacher a jar of homemade Hot Buttered Rum mix and a single serve bottle of Bacardi.  Because she totally did NOT need that after an amazing Christmas program.

I was NOT proud of the whole group of kids and teachers.  They did NOT do a great job on songs and bells and scripture verses in front of a packed house.  I do NOT love my girls' school and all the people that make it perfect for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment